On the table or off: that is the question.
As an assistant, I always kept my phone on the table, right where I could see it if my boss tried to text, email or call me. I didn’t want any sort of delay in responding. Some of my friends would get pissed, of course. “Can’t you put down your phone…
One thing to know before you get into music (musicians and business people alike):
1. You’re always on the clock. Always.
2. You need to have your cellphone on and with you at all times. You never know who may need to get a hold of you.
3. Its going to irritate people. My grandparents still get mad when I have to answer a text during dinner. I apologize of course, but I still answer the text. Eventually people get used to it.
4. That being said, don’t annoy everyone with your obnoxious spice girls ringtone. Put it on vibrate and put it under your leg or in your pocket where you can feel it go off.
5. Promptness is golden. Answer everything in a timely manner; it’ll make things run so much more smoothly, I promise. People who have to wait get frustrated and frustration sets you back. (more on that later)